GHANA TECH SUMMIT TO HOST 1st Annual Roundtable Meeting on JUNE 5, 2018.
[Accra, Ghana-May 28, 2018] Ghana Tech Summit is a 12- year initiative of the Global Startup Ecosystem (GSE) which brings together hundreds of entrepreneurs, investors, digital marketers and creatives together in to Ghana to accelerate tech, innovation and economic development within the country. The summit organizers will host an invite only Influencer Roundtable Meeting on June 5, 2018 to share the goals and opportunities available for potential partners of Ghana Tech Summit with the country’s top government officials, private sector executives, media influencers and summit sponsors.
The June 5th Ghana Influencer Roundtable Meeting will occur every year until 2030 to highlight Ghana and Africa’s forward thinking influencers, policy makers and executives supporting business, tech and innovation to activate their networks for the missions of Ghana Tech Summit. The program will feature speakers from Google, Draper University and Ministry of Communications. The public can RSVP via www.GhanaTechSummit.com/influencer or directly via eventbrite.
6pm – 6:30pm Networking, Registration, Media Photos
6:30pm – 6:45pm Music Performance (Seth Diamond)
6:45pm – 6:55pm Opening Remarks by Founder of Ghana Tech Summit (Einstein Kofi Ntim)
6:55pm – 7:05pm “The 12 Year Initiative Plan for Ghana Tech Acceleration” by Global Startup Ecosystem
7:05pm – 7:15pm Remarks by – Ministry of Communications
7:15pm – 7:25pm Remarks by – Diaspora Office
7:25pm – 7:35pm Remarks by David Steinacker (Google: Publisher Relations, Sub-Saharan Africa)
7:35pm- 7:40pm LSE Africa Summit – Bradley Poku-Amankwah
7:40pm – 7:45pm Future of Ghana – Arnold Sarfo Kantanka
7:45pm – 8:00pm “The Power of A Personal Brand to Brand a Nation” (Christine Souffrant Ntim)
- Closing Performance By UGCY Choir
- Media Photos
We look forward to working with you to position Ghana as the future hub of innovation for Africa and the world.
In addition, the program also serves to give history and context to the previous efforts of the Global Startup Ecosystem in other countries and why the organization is heading to Ghana. In 2017, the first black republic- Haiti hosted featured the President of Haiti-His Excellency Jovenel Moise, Venture Capitalist investor of Airbnb and Facebook Ben Horowitz, and 100 global speakers from Google, Facebook, Uber, Airbnb, Facebook, Paypal, Mastercard, Github, Forbes, Inc Magazine, Fast Company, Black Enterprise, and 40+ media outlets. This event shocked the Caribbean ecosystem and yielded 83 million social media impressions in 2 days along with press coverage in 87 global media outlets. Post the summit Airbnb signed a 5 year contract with the Ministry of Tourism, Facebook launched the largest developer network in Haiti and Google Launchpad launched a program in the country capital for the first time.
To continue from the engagement and impact of this event, the organizers will return to Haiti with Headline speaker Jack Dorsey (Founder of Twitter) but will in addition turn to Africa with the launch of Ghana Tech Summit.
The launch of Ghana Tech Summit was announced on at the MIPAD (Most Influential People of African Descent) event at the United Nations in New York and during the Obama Summit in Chicago, USA. The central theme of the global summit is to “catalyze entrepreneurial and business ecosystems in emerging markets”. The event will host speakers from Facebook, Uber, Airbnb, Twitter, IBM, Microsoft, and more. Over 40+ media representatives from Forbes, Inc Magazine, Fast Company, Black Enterprise, NY Times and more will be in attendance.
The current confirmed speaker list for Ghana Tech Summit July 18-20 2018 is as follows:
- Angela Kyerematen-Jimoh: Country General Manager for IBM in Africa
- Lola Kassim: Uber West Africa & Harvard + LSE Alumna
- Ambassador Johanna Odonkor Svanikier: Ghana’s former Ambassador to France & Portugal
- Daraiha Greene: Google Global External Partnerships Manager, Community & Business Inclusion
- Will Senyo: Co-Founder & CEO of Impact Hub Accra
- Ann Rosenberg: Senior Vice President & Global Head of SAP Next-Gen + United Nations SDG Goals
- Sequoia Blodgett: Silicon Valley Tech Editor @ Black Enterprise
- Eric M K Osiakwan: Managing Partner of Chanzo Capital
- Yaw Owusu: Manager @ Ghana Cyber City, the first technology park in Ghana
- Erikan Obotetukudo: Relationship Manager @LinkedIn
- Gina Kloes: International thought leader, Branson Centre for Entrepreneurship Mentor, Tony Robbins Trainer
- Einstein Kofi Ntim: Founder of Space & Blockchain Tech Summits; Partner Global Startup Ecosystem
- Adi Abili: Managing Director of Accelerators at Silicon Valley AngelHack.
- Mike MacCombie: Director of Platform at ff New York Venture Capital
- Christine Souffrant Ntim: Founder of Haiti Tech Summit, Founder of Vendedy (Forbes 30 Under 30)
Ghana Tech Summit aims to bring together hundreds of entrepreneurs, investors, digital marketers and creatives under one roof together to address humanity’s greatest challenges via technology and entrepreneurship.
Global Startup Ecosystem (GSE)- the first and largest digital accelerator that accelerates 1000 companies to market annually across 190+ countries entirely online.
Ghana Tech Summit Team
Global Startup Ecosystem Team