Wanda co-founder “The Haitian-American & Founder of L'union Suite
Wanda Tima was raised in Turks and Caicos on the beautiful island known as Grand Turk, and later moved to South Florida as a teen. Wanda is the oldest of four children who come from Haitian immigrant parents. Her roots hailed from the historic and majestic Cap-Haitian, Haiti. After graduating from Dillard High School at the age of 16, she was inspired to apply to colleges and universities with uncertainty. Wanda became the first person in her family to earn a college degree when she graduated from Bethune-Cookman University with a Bachelor’s in Mass Communication with a specialty in Journalism and Public Relations. Wanda worked in broadcast media at various radio stations, interned for BET Network and subsequently two television stations in Daytona and Orlando, Florida.
Excited about her heritage and with a passion to give back; on October 2011, Wanda started “L’union Suite”, a Haitian-American site dedicated to highlighting positive and uplifting stories about Haiti and Haitian living abroad from celebrities to every day heroes. For her, this was a personal project aimed to help other Haitian-Americans who wanted to learn more about Haiti and its culture, who often felt disconnected from the experience. By December 2011, Wanda co-founded “The Haitian-American” the Facebook page quickly grew to over 100k fans while averaging 5 Million views weekly. In 2015, after receiving numerous emails and calls over the last 2 years from consumers and celebrities looking to purchase or work with Haitian-owned businesses; Wanda expanded on the idea and developed “L’union Haitian Professional” directory. The site is a welcome home environment for Haitian Professionals. The company prides itself on creating an avenue for customers to locate, research, contact and review Haitian-owned businesses. Today L’union Suite is the number digital platform for Haitian-Americans with over 300,000 subscribers and a reach of 3 to 5 million weekly. The platform includes a business directory, yearly celebrity fundraising events, a monthly Facebook live shows, a monthly podcast show, and her team have traveled inside and outside of Haiti.
Awards and Recognitions:
- 2015: Recognized: National Association of Haitian Professionals as a Haitian leaders.
- 2016: Consulate General of Republic of Haiti in Miami Beacon of Hope and Achievement Award
- 2016: Legacy Miami-Dade County 40 Under 40 Black Leaders of Today and Tomorrow
- 2016: University of Miami’s Planet Kreyol Pearl Award
- 2016: Haitian-American Chamber of Commerce of Florida YoPro 20 under 40
- 2016: Miami Dade College Maya Angelou Legacy Leadership Award ‘
- 2017: University of South Florida Neg Kreyol Award
- 2018: The Haitian Roundtable Independence Award
- 2018: Glitz and Girl Power Social Award
- 2018: Haiti International Pageant Media Award