July 13, 2018- [Accra] The organizers of Ghana Tech Summit launched the first annual Ghana Tech Week featuring 3 hours of free personal development and ecosystem development content earlier week. The initiative is powered by the Global Startup Ecosystem (GSE) which recently announced plans to launch annual tech week programs in emerging market cities from 2018 – 2030. Over 100+ entrepreneurs from several co-working spaces in Accra convened for the free sessions at Impact Hub Accra- the venue partner for each event.
The content for the series was as follows:
- Women’s Pioneers Summit: A summit to identify key female leaders and influencers who are driving business, tech and policy within their respective industries or communities. The summit will be an evening workshop event showcasing top women tech groups around the world that local Ghanian women can initiate in Ghana as well as a crash personal branding course to teach audience members how to build and scale their personal brands as pioneers. The workshop is one of the most popular sessions in Africa and will be featured for the first time in Ghana for tech week.
- Smart City Summit: a comprehensive workshop series to prepare stakeholders for a Smart City Ghana. The evening workshop will go over smart city initiatives that occurred across the Middle East, Asia and Africa and provide exclusive materials on how to build a Smart City hub in Ghana within 3 years or less. This talk was featured at the New York Smart City Summit with policy leaders from over 40 countries and an audience of 3000 people.
- Exponential Tech Summit: This historic evening event will be Ghana’s first deep dive workshop on all of the exponential technologies in one place. This intense event will go over the following below.
- An overview of Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Drones, Nano technology, Virtual Reality Space, Internet of Things and Robotics. Why do these technologies exist and how can you train yourself to become an expert in 3- months for free.
- An overview on how to build an exponential tech business within 6 months or less.
- An overview on how to apply exponential technology to problems in Ghana and become a global case study for economic tech development.
The event also featured local sponsor remarks Udeesa is a Systemics and Technology-A company that intends to use social networking, 360-degree photography, and virtual reality to create a platform for collaboration between Africana Studies Programs in the US and Universities in Ghana.
Ghana Tech Week will return in 2019. For now, interested stakeholders can join 1000 other influencers at the Ghana Tech Summit – a 3 day international program to be hosted on July 18-20, 2018 at Accra International Conference Center featuring 100 global speakers and 1000 attendees. The central theme of the global summit is to “catalyze entrepreneurial and business ecosystems in emerging markets”. The multi year event is a 12- year initiative of the Global Startup Ecosystem (GSE) which brings together hundreds of entrepreneurs, investors, digital marketers and creatives together in to targeted cities around the world to accelerate tech, innovation and economic development within the host country.
The Ghana Tech Summit will launch on July 18-20, 2018 at Accra Conference Center and will partner with media representatives from Forbes, Inc Magazine, Fast Company, Black Enterprise, and 40+ media outlets. RSVP via GhanaTechSummit.com.